Arsenal welcome relegation-threatened Watford to the Emirates on the final day of the Premier League season on Sunday at 4:00pm.
Mikel Arteta has an FA Cup final against London rivals Chelsea several days after this game, and with eighth place being the highest Arsenal can finish this season, he could rest a number of his star players in preparation for that showdown. Unfortunately for Watford fans, though, Arteta has already outlined his plans to go full-strength.
In the pre-match buildup, Arteta explained: “Ideally I want to play as strong a team as I can. We have to respect that there are a few teams in a relegation battle.”
This will not be what interim boss Hayden Mullins wants to hear with his side’s top-flight status hanging in the balance. Mullins will be seeking the club’s first win away from home since January, but knows a point — thus ending a five-match losing streak on the road — could be enough to secure another season in English football’s major competition.
How to get 5/1 on Liverpool, Spurs and Arsenal all to win
- Follow this link to the Sky Bet website
- Sign in or register for a new account
- Select the Soccer Special Price Boost graphic
- Click the yellow ‘5/1’ box next to Liverpool, Tottenham & Arsenal all to win (was 3/1)
- Place a bet on Liverpool, Tottenham Hotspur & Arsenal all to win
- If Liverpool, Tottenham Hotspur & Arsenal all win on the last day of the Premier League season, Sky Bet will pay out your winnings in cash.
PLEASE NOTE: 18+. Max stake varies – see bet slip for details. ‘Was’ price correct as of 12:00 BST on 24/7/2020. Odds subject to fluctuation. Further T&Cs apply. Begambleaware.org
Where to watch Arsenal vs Watford on TV:
- UK: Sky Sports Premier League
- US: Golf Channel
Where to live stream Arsenal vs Watford:
US: Fubo* are streaming this match live for account holders. Those without a Fubo account already who are interested in streaming Arsenal vs Watford live can take advantage of their seven-day free trial by following the simple steps below.
- Click on this link.
- ‘Start Your Free Trial’ and enter details.
- Log in and pick your desired channel to watch.
*Geo restrictions apply. Fubo is currently available in the United States, Canada and Spain. Packages and pricing differ per country.
Arsenal & Watford’s previous line-ups:
- Arsenal (vs Aston Villa): Martinez; Holding, Kolasinac, Luiz; Soares, Ceballos, Torreira, Saka; Nketiah, Lacazette, Aubameyang.
- Watford (vs Man City): Foster; Mariappa, Kabasele, Dawson, Femenia; Sarr, Doucoure, Cleverley, Hughes, Pereyra; Deeney.
Mikel Arteta has up to six players — Bernd Leno, Gabriel Martinelli, Calum Chambers, Matteo Guendouzi, Shkodran Mustafi and Pablo Mari — ruled out for the visit of Watford whilst there are doubts over the availability of Mesut Ozil and Reiss Nelson. The Hornets, meanwhile, will have to still do without Isaac Success, Gerard Deulofeu, Daryl Janmaat and Etienne Capoue.
Players to watch:
- Arsenal: This could be a significant game for Arsenal’s leading marksman Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang, who has an outside chance to finish as the league’s top scorer, as it may be his final Emirates appearance for the Gunners. The 31-year-old Gabonese forward to date has registered 66 goals across 107 for the north London-based club, but there are growing murmurings he could be leaving this summer, especially after they’ve failed to secure a return to Champions League football. Having only missed two league games this season, Aubameyang heads into matchday 38 with 20 goals under his belt, a brace against Watford will see him match last year’s effort.
- Watford: Watford’s top-flight status is very much on the line and no one in a Hornets jersey needs to be told twice about what is required from them. Scoring goals has been an issue of late, with just 34 strikes this season, the third-worst in the division, and given their predicament they’ll need to breach Arteta’s defence. Someone that no doubt will be up for the challenge is captain Troy Deeney, who in the recent games has become something of a pantomime villain in the eye’s of Arsenal’s loyal fanbase. However, in nine previous meetings he’s only managed two goals, but one of those came in a 2-1 win at the Emirates.
Scoreline prediction: Arsenal 2-0 Watford
If you’re over 18, Gamble Aware, and don’t have an account with 888sport already, you can get access to the special offer below by following clicking the odds to find out more.
888 enhanced odds: Arsenal to win 10/1 | Watford 18/1 | PROMO CODE: 888ODDS
PLEASE NOTE: 18+ Only. New customers only | Max Bet €5 | €10 deposit using promo code 888ODDS | Extra winnings paid in FREE BETS | Free bets are granted within 72 hours and expires after 7 days | Free bet stakes not included in returns | Deposit balance is available for withdrawal at any time. Withdrawal restrictions & full T&C’s apply.
Premier League 2019/20 recent form:
- Arsenal: WDLWL
- Watford: LWWLL